Monday, January 23, 2017

A Trip to Paraguay

After almost 20 years of sending my children
out on mission trips to faraway lands . . .

the Lord opened the doors for me 
to go on TWO mission trips in 2016.

Last May, I went to Guatemala with a group
of employees from the Family Christian Store.

Then, in October, I had the opportunity to spend
10 days in Paraguay with 8 ladies from my church.

We worked with a ministry that provides micro-loans
for groups of women to build their own businesses.

This is one of their weekly financial meetings with their loan officer.


We taught sewing classes to give them ideas and skills for their businesses.


 We taught cooking classes, too.


We went shopping at the market one afternoon.


We took a side trip to Brazil to visit the Iguazu Falls,
which are one of the Seven Wonders of the World.


They were truly AMAZING!


We spent our last day working with a ministry that works with 
the poorest-of-the-poor in Asuncion, Paraguay.




It was an AMAZING trip . . .
working with WONDERFUL ministries . . .
worshiping with and praying for the Paraguayans.


I LOVE to visit other cultures . . .
to learn about how the Lord is working around the world . . .
and to be a part of what He is doing.


I am so VERY thankful for the opportunities 
that the Lord gave me in 2016 to work for Him,
and look forward to the plans that He
has for me in 2017.  

Hopefully . . .
that will be another mission trip or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment